News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Transitions...

December 11 2007 at 8:29 AM

Alan Ritter  (Login jaritter)

Response to End of the year review

No new state highpoints (last one we did was HI in '06), but our trek through Philmont (100 miles in 11 days) took us over the top of Baldy Mountain, 12,441' and the highest peak in the Ranch.

I've lost my pack horse...Nathan is off to college and won't have time for summer highpointing trips for the next few years, at least. And just as he was becoming useful, too...

Enough new countries (no, not counties) to put my total over 100, but not really catching up to Marcia's 118. (I collect state highpoints...she collects countries on the Travelers Century Club list.)

Plans for '08? Humphreys Peak and the Konvention, for sure (with Nathan...Northwestern has a late-September start). Seriously considering a try at Hood and Rainier earlier in the summer.

Mark, you mentioned Denali in '09...let's see how Hood and Rainier go and I may just be up for Denali in '09.

41 under my boots, AK, AZ, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA and WY to go.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions