News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Are Highpointers collectors?

December 18 2007 at 6:26 AM

Doug U  (Login Holsti97)

Response to So true ...

I've always collected things since I was a little kid....rocks, stamps, Jim Kjelgaard books, baseball cards, mountaineering books, and now state highpoints. I have often wondered if Highpointers are collectors at heart and if their personalities lead them to collect things. Any other Highpointers that have collecting-related hobbies besides highpoints?

Mark S....your comment about what the heck to do when your finished reminds me of a story that the owner of our local antique store told me. He had a man come in his store who collected old issues of "Fur, Fish, and Game" magazine. He only needed 5 issues and he would have them all. After searching through the pile he found all 5 issues that he needed. He decided to only take one issue, because he did not want his quest to end. The thrill of the chase is sometimes more exciting than finishing the goal.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions