News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Year End Review

December 20 2007 at 11:16 AM
The Solemates  (Login TheSolemates)

Response to End of the year review

2007 was not as productive for us this year either, but that is because we welcomed a new daughter into the world in August!

We are still on track to reaching our goal of completing all 50 in five years, although we have a lot of the difficult ones to go, which may slow us down. We are up to 34 HPs and it has been 3 years since we started.

This year:
-we completed every highpoint east of the Mississippi River!
-we risked life and death to reach the summit of Florida's Britton Hill
-my wife hiked up Minnesota's Eagle Mountain while 6-months pregnant
-we snagged Wisconsin's Timms Hill
-we got really muddy up Michigan's Mount Arvon (and saw the Lake Superior bay frozen over in L'Anse!)
-we took our 6-week old up Virginia's Mount Rogers
-we dodged traffic at Delaware's Ebright Azimuth
-we climbed New Jersey's High Point summit on an unseasably cool and windy day
-and facing 20-degree temperatures and 2 foot snowdrifts in October took our 10-week old up New York's Mount Marcy

That makes 8 on the year for us.

In 2008, we already have plane tickets for OK, KS, NE, CO, and NM. We have plans for doing 1-2 other bigger peaks in the West. I'd like to attempt Borah again, but I'm not sure how my wife feels about that. We went too early in the season on our previous attempt and the snow along Chicken Out Ridge seemed to scare her away for good (doh!). Maybe we'll do Humphrey's instead. And then there is talk of a family 2008 Christmas in Hawaii, which would be nice ....

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions