News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

marathons, capitols, Presidents, DQ, Micky's, Starbucks

October 25 2008 at 2:27 PM

John M.  (Login JohnMx)

Response to marathons in 50 states

I'd like to run a marathon someday (soon). I think one of the leaders of the 50 Marathon group is a highpointer, sort of like the EMC group which tries to visit every county in the USA - two of their members are trying to visit every courthouse in the USA, including some metal detecting at every courthouse or nearby park! The marathon group is also doing a marathon in every country and continent - you can Google the antarctica marathon.

Re bathrooms, I've seen a pamphlet for the University of Illinois that gives the reader a "walking tour of the geology of U of I restrooms" including an explanation the type of granites and marbles used in bathroom floors and stalls, and even identifies the features and fossils found therein. Nice Senior thesis project, eh?

HOJO from Texas finished the 50-capital tour which included a photo of their dogs on the lawn in front of each capitol. In the newsletter we've covered folks who are visiting the Presidential Libraries, and even the Presidential gavesites (complete with elevation research).

Jack wrote in the newsletter about a guy who tried to eat a Blizzard in a DQ in every state (until he found out they aren't in all 50 states), and about the guy who tried to eat in every MacDonalds (who wrote us to say he quit trying).

In the "Hero Category" is the guy who is visiting every Starbucks. Before you say "harumpf" you should know that he's been to something like 80% of them in the USA and 20% of them internationally (has visited 5,778 stores in North America and 355 international). The catch: drink a cup at every store.
www.starbuckseverywhere.net
www.radaronline.com/features/2006/09/starbucks_jones.php

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions