News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

The 2008 Annual HP in Review Thread

December 10 2008 at 2:09 AM
  (Login markvotapek)

2008 is coming to a close, so it's time to trumpet your annual highpointing accomplishments, and to look ahead to your summit plans for 2009.

Sorry i'm a little slow fulfilling my duty of starting this thread, but that's because i didn't complete a single state highpoint in 2008. I'm stuck on 38. But i did hike the Pacific Crest Trail this year, which MORE than took up all my outdoor time. Along the way i summitted Mt. San Jacinto, which wasn't easy with it being snowbound. That was the highpoint of Riverside County, CA. I also managed Buck's Peak along the way, highpoint of Multnomah County, OR. Last month i summitted Mica Mtn. in Arizona, completing the highpoints of the mountain ranges surrounding Tucson.

But no state highpoints. None specifically planned for 2009, but who knows what opportunities might arise.

I yield the floor to the active state highpointers...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions