News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Dates

February 18 2009 at 6:03 PM

Mark S  (Login MarkStyczynski)

Response to Decision method

I'm planning my trip for September 21-29. I've already applied to the California lottery for the main Whitney Trail with 2 choices. The first is 9/26-28; the second is 9/23-25. IF (big if) I get my first choice, that will leave me with all day on the 22nd and 23rd to play in Hawaii with one of those days for Mauna Kea. The 24th would be the day up in the air. Do I go to CA on that day and give myself plenty of time to get to Lone Pine for a mid-morning start on the 26th OR to I leave on the 25th and have a semi-hectic travel day getting to the Whitney trailhead in time?

I like your coin flipping method and really feel like 3 days is a boatload of time for Whitney. I'm fairly confident I could dayhike it but 6K elevation gain is a lot at altitude for a lowlander and I don't want to chance it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it intensely.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions