News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Highpoint Webcams

February 19 2009 at 2:24 PM

(Login jaritter)

As you're planning trips to various highpoints, it's often useful to be able to check out weather and snow conditions leading up to your trip. I know of a couple of webcams that are pointed at state highpoint, to wit:

Mt. Whitney, California. This is fairly new, Doug having just gotten it up and running in the past couple of weeks. (He's the owner of the Whitney Portal Store and a hostel in Lone Pine and runs the bulletin board for Mt. Whitney aficionados.)

Humphreys Peak, Arizona. (Actually, the highest peak, just to the left of center on the ridgeline in this view, is Agassiz, not Humphreys. Humphreys is behind Agassiz in this view from Flagstaff but you can get a good idea of what the weather is like and whether there is snow up high from this shot.)

If anyone knows of additional HP web cams, post away. I know there used to be one in Hawaii from the NOAA observatory on Mauna Loa but I've lost track of the link or it has changed.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions