News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News
 

 Go to Forum Home  

Thanks Mark and Alan

February 20 2009 at 5:45 AM

Mark S  (Login MarkStyczynski)


Response to acclimation

 

Everything you guys are saying is dead on. The biggest issue is getting to Lone Pine the day before to physically obtain the permit. Not much way around that. I'm not too terribly concerned with the acclimitization on Whitney although I do move slow about 12.5K or so. I use Diamox which helps and the time on Mauna Kea and possibly Mauna Loa the day before will benefit me.

I guess I just gotta sit on my hands at this point and wait to see if and what days I get on the permit. If the permit doesn't happen, I'll have to explore other options for Whitney. Thanks again guys.

 
 Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions