News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Best reason: It's a BASH!

April 8 2009 at 3:48 PM
Jim Sutton  (Login JimSutton)

Response to Convince me to go to the Konvention

I have attended every convention since 2000 (Hawaii), though I had been in the club for about nine years before I was able to get to my first one. There is something special and unique at every convention. As the others noted, it's a great way to pick up information about other peaks, meet other climbers (and possible climbing partners!), and enjoy the camaraderie of other (crazy, driven, whatever adjective you prefer) highpointers. I have learned new things at every convention. Besides, the fun of the "back porch liars' club", plus the special added attraction this year of the "roast" of Grand Poobah Don Holmes is not to be missed. And aren't you just a bit curious to meet some of these folks that you read about in the Newsletter? You'll meet them and folks of every background, and in age from several months to over nine decades.

Roger and the Urbanski Boys are putting on a GREAT event (I won't judge as to whether it will be better than the wonderful Wisconsin convention I hosted in 2007). You will be warmly welcomed and your company very much appreciated. I hope we see you there. JES

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions