News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Kings and Borah Current Beta?

July 11 2009 at 5:47 PM

(Login jaritter)

Has anyone been up to Kings Peak (UT) and/or Borah Peak (ID) this summer?

I may end up with some vacation time to burn later in August and was musing on the possibility of a second attempt at Kings and/or Borah. The first time Nathan and I tried back in 2004, we were stormed off both peaks.

Specifically, on the approach hike to Kings, what is the condition of that miserable [expletive deleted] willow swamp a mile or two before you get to Dollar Lake?

Second, on Borah, what is the condition of the first snow bridge (if it's even there this year) just before Chicken-Out Ridge, and what is the condition of the second snow bridge between COR and the final summit ridge?

Finally, if this trip actually comes together, anyone interested in climbing either peak? I'll be at the convention, so will be available to discuss plans and schedules then.

If not Kings/Borah, I might even think about the "new and improved" Southwest Couloir route up Granite (MT). Not sure about logistics on that one...it's easy to fly to Salt Lake City as a jumping-off point for Kings/Borah but getting to MT may mean several days of driving and might nix that idea for this summer.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions