News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

MN, WI, MI Trip 10/14-10/17/10. What a blast! Easy hikes can be fun, too...

October 19 2010 at 8:19 AM
Steve R  (Login stever500)

http://picasaweb.google.com/stever505050/MinnesotaWisconsinAndMichiganHighPointTrip101410To101710#

Pic's above...

I had a total, utter, blast on this 4 day trip out to MN, WI and MI. Can't wait to do MS, AL and FL Thanksgiving week. The only easy ones I'll have left are OK, NW, KS, SD and ND next late spring when the snows melt up north. I plan to do them all in one quick trip. I'm at 32 HP's now, trying to catch up to some of you folks. This is the most fun I've had in years and I'm doing them mostly alone. It was pretty freakish hiking Eagle Mtn very early in the morning by myself. I'm not used to hiking alone and I was worried there would be a psycho murdered waiting for me on the trail but alas, there wasn't happy.gif.

Same thing with Mt Arvon. Great signage though... didn't even need the map I brought. The little blue signs guided me right there. Got there in the dark and hiked as the sun rose. Such natural beauty at these high points and near them. And the stuff you see and eat along the way is memories for a lifetime. Even the hotels are memorable, from the $32 ones (a joy to find when they're acceptable) to the more expensive ones. The Mountain Inn near Grand Marais was awesome for the money.

I was by myself in WI too, at sunset, and I was at the high point but half way up that tower I got vertigo and turned around and came back down. If someone was with me spurring me on I would have went for it.

And to get to see a killer museum like the one in Minneapolis to the Mall of America along the way, stuff to cross off my bucket list now. I thought being single again would suck. It's not so bad!

Cheers,
Steve

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions