News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

"Good" July

August 16 2012 at 11:48 PM
markv  (Login markvotapek)

Response to Hood and Denali

I think that counts as a pretty decent July, but you couldn't throw Everest in there too? Congratulations, slacker.

I'm looking to do SW Couloir (or Ramp or whatever). 5.4 for me isn't 5.Fun. It's 5.Fall. I've been on some Class 4 with serious exposure, and i know i have no business climbing on more of that without a lot of assistance. I could go with a guide group, but i figure if i ever do Denali it will be guided, and i long ago promised myself not to pay for more than 2 guided HP climbs. (I already used one for Rainier 10 years ago when i had never been on a real mountain before.) Me and my silly rules.

By the way, if anyone ever plans a late-season (July) climb for Hood, and the conditions turn out to be past prime, consider hiking AROUND the mountain instead. I did that in late July this year, and it's a really fantastic ~3-day trail, with a few serious challenges where the old route is washed out.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions