News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

#45 for me, as well...

November 30 2014 at 7:31 PM

Alan Ritter  (Login jaritter)

Response to 2014 Year-End Highpointing Accomplishments

Mark, I'm keeping pace with you. Summitted Kings Peak, Utah on my fourth attempt. This time, we picked a very good weather window in August. A few afternoon showers at our base camp (11,200' just below Gunsight Pass) and a beautiful day for the summit. We'd have been stormed off one day later...big t-storm blew up over the area as we hiked out but we were in the car and driving away, so no problems.

That leaves AK, OR, MT, WY and NV for me. Plans for 2015 are to do Hood in May. Looking ahead, I hope to sandwich the 2016 MT Konvention with MT and WY, making it a month-long trip, more or less. Then decide whether to make one attempt at Denali in 2017 or call it good at 49 (and a 48 list finish) on Boundary Peak. Whichever way I go, Boundary will be my finish because there are some folks, not least of whom is my son, Nathan, whom I want around for the final peak.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the IA Konvention next summer...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions