News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Done and done

December 9 2015 at 10:03 PM

Mark Styczynski  (Login MarkStyczynski)

Response to The Kompletely Official 2015 Year-End Highpointing Accomplishments Thread

First off, many congrats to Mark V on his ascent of Granite Peak. I gotta agree with your assessment that it is the toughest HP in the lower 48 just because of the added challenge of vertical rock climbing. Nice job by you and your wife in pulling off an ascent of the SW couloir. Since you didn't mention a guide service, I assume you did it without one. Extra style points, for sure.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, but I summited Denali on June 21 for #50. My write-up is in the recently released third quarter issue of Apex to Zenith. Since I was the only completer of the quarter, I know I am the 268th person to finish the list. happy.gif

For 2016, I'll be heading back to Rainier for what will hopefully be my second ascent of the mountain. In 2012, I climbed the DC Route with IMG. This time, I'll be attempting the Emmons Glacier Route ... again with IMG from July 30th to August 3rd. Will be climbing with some folks I know in various ways so it should be a lot of fun. Looking at it as a victory lap.

Beyond that ... who knows? I'm not as young as I used to be and I've accomplished my goal. There may be some other mountains in my future, but I don't really see myself taking on any more big projects.

Hope you all have a fantastic Holiday season!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions