News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Re: Done and done

December 13 2015 at 12:56 AM
markv  (Login markvotapek)

Response to Done and done

I guess the forum is down to just over-the-hill Marks. Oh well, it was a good run.

Thanks Mark. No guide for me on any of them except Rainier a zillion years ago when i had zero experience. If i try Denali though, i'll make an exception and do that one guided too. Congrats on Denali again. I'd like to read your write-up, but i'm not current in the club, so i haven't gotten AtoZ in awhile.

Have fun on Rainier. I've thought a few times it would be good to go back and do that one un-led, but really the repeat that holds my imagination most is to go back to Gannett. Such a beautiful mountain and area.

Isn't it interesting to think about what to do after a long-sought goal is achieved? I've been there after a couple of long-distance hikes. It's fun to think not just about what the goal was, but what along the journey was (maybe unexpectedly) great. For me at least, that led to thinking differently about what things to prioritize next...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions