News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Dang!

December 13 2016 at 6:53 PM

Mark S  (Login MarkStyczynski)

Response to 2016 Year-End Highpoint Extravanganza. Anybody out there....?

Well damn.

I waited like 14 hours this year before responding to the annual thread but it seems I am just doomed to forever being the "first responder." The irony is not lost on me. happy.gif

Anyway, what more can I say in this forum? About all I can come up with is that I got my "main stream media" props a few months ago after my second climb of Rainier. A reporter actually contacted me. Not sure how or why it all came about ... but whatever.

So here's the link to a story that appeared on the front pages of two local newspapers. Thought it was gonna be a back page of the sports section kind of thing and was quite shocked by the play it got.

http://www.saratogian.com/general-news/20160909/clifton-park-man-climbs-highest-peaks-in-all-50-states

Very cool that other Mark is within 3 peaks of finishing the project ... only one of which presents a real challenge (Denali). I know that one day in the not-so-distant future, Mr. V will be joining me on the list of 50 state completers. happy.gif

So much fun to have been a part of this forum for so many years, but the heyday is somewhere on the distant horizon of the rearview mirror.

What a great ride.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions