News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Repeat Offender

January 2 2017 at 7:59 PM
Stony Burk  (Login StonyBurk)

Response to 2016 Year-End Highpoint Extravanganza. Anybody out there....?

My favorite and familiar end of the year forum with the same old guys:)
Battle scars, celebrity status and another notch in the belt. Kudos, ye who klimb!

I had planned on leading a few Highpointers up Borah prior to the konvention but had to cancel due to some unresolved issues with my legs. It would have been my 4th time up there. Also had to cancel ND, SD and Boundary during that time period. Instead, I settled for continuing to repeat the easy states as consolation. Throughout my travels in 2016, I went back to revisit 28 states, 12 of them more than once. Am hoping the continuing tests at the VA will find a remedy 'cuz I sure want to repeat MT, WY, WA and OR before I get any older. As it stands, I have stood on a state highpoint a total of 410 times and it seems my obessive behavior has attracted the attention of a writer who is working on an article for Backpacker Magazine. 2017 will most likely find me continuing to visit state highpoints in yet unvisited calendar months:)

As Always, Happy Trails & Safe Climbs

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions