News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  

Ascent for Autism Research (AFAR)

August 5 2005 at 9:50 PM

Olivier Kozlowski  (Login kozesq)

Greetings all:

Just wanted to spread the word that on August 25th I and fellow Highpointer Kevin Sweeney will be climbing Mt. Whitney in a fundraising effort called "Ascent for Autism Research" (AFAR). Despite affecting 1 in 166 children in the U.S. (my daughter Jordan included), autism is one of the lowest funded areas of medical research from either private or public sources.

All donations are tax deductible and will go directly to the National Alliance for Autism Research. If you'd like to contribute or just to learn more, please visit the web page I've set up at 8thsummit.com.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Akerman
(Login KenAkerman)

Thank you for letting us know about this great cause

August 7 2005, 1:37 AM 

Good luck on your climb! I should add the scrolling Fundraising Honor Roll to my web page.

Respond to this message   

Olivier Kozlowski
(Login kozesq)

Highpointers in the news: AFAR

August 13 2005, 2:00 PM 

Just got interviewed by reporters from the Boston Globe and the Attleboro Sun Chronicle this week about the Ascent for Autism Research. Hoping for a couple of good stories that spread the word!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions