News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  

Guy visiting every Starbucks

December 24 2005 at 9:40 AM

(Login JohnMx)

John Winter Smith of Silver Spring, MD, is visiting every Starbucks Coffee shop in the world. He buys coffee in each shop.

He's been to 4,500 of the 4,535 North America stores

He's been to 213 of the 1,018 stores abroad

He's a computer programmer.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
patrick craft
(Login patrickcraft)

DSM IV

December 24 2005, 9:45 AM 

I wonder if this goal would qualify as a DSM diagnosis. Maybe he is in need of a mood stabilizer or SSRI.

Respond to this message   

(Login markvotapek)

happy holidays

December 24 2005, 7:54 PM 

Any highpointer making fun of or disparaging this guy ought to be given a black pot and kettle for Christmas. :p

Respond to this message   

(Login lobodelnoche)

New Highpoints?

December 25 2005, 11:52 PM 

Poor guy..how many new Starbucks open per day, I wonder.

Respond to this message   

(Login DougBe)

What is the highest Starbucks in each state, US?

January 4 2006, 5:15 PM 

I can't help but ponder this question.

Personally I've spent about $5 (don't like coffee) lifetime at Starbucks, so the chain's success is even more amazing to me. If I drank a latte a day, as many do, there's about $1,200 a year I could save to spend on highpointing somehow.

Anyway, I read a couple years ago, Starbucks had a shop in all states but the Cowpoke state, Wyoming. But now that they have a movie about gay cowboys there, I'm sure it's fashionable enough for Starbucks to move in. Actually I'm sure they're there already, Jackson Hole seems hip enough to have one. Still didn't see a 'bucks in Pinedale on the way to climb Gannett, though.

So what is the highest Starbucks in the US? I actually spent part of my $5 at Starbucks in Beaver Creek, Colorado at about 9,000 feet. This could be the nation's highest Starbucks.
Where is the nearest Starbucks to each state highpoint?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Guy visiting every Starbucks
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions