News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  

Poll on Whether to Hold Conventions on Weekends

July 31 2007 at 9:46 AM
roger  (Login dipper)
Forum Owner

I've posted a poll on whether you would prefer to attend a convention during a weekday (when it is cheaper) or a weekend (when it would be more expensive).

This issue has raised its head because in Arizona the convention is going to be held on a Wednesday through Friday in order to avoid the substantial increase in costs if it were held on a Saturday.

The Arizona dates are set and the contracts signed.

In planning for the 2009 convention in New Jersey, we're also finding the same pattern. Costs of a weekend convention could be nearly twice the weekday costs.

So I'm taking a straw poll to determine your interests.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Olivier Kozlowski
(Login kozesq)

Something to consider

July 31 2007, 2:34 PM 

I wonder if there's an overlap between those who a) would base their decision on the cost of the Konvention and b) those who would be able to take time off mid-week. Another way to put it is if the Konvention was held mid-week to reduce costs, are those that would be drawn by the reduced costs less likely to be able to get away mid-week?

I welcome anyone who wants to try to make that clearer than I've muddled through, by the way!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions