News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  

Wilderness Wildlife Week...

January 8 2008 at 10:47 PM
  (Login cnoland)

Greetings folks,

This Saturday, the 12th, the Highpointers Club and Foundation will have a table at the gathering in Pigeon Forge TN for three days. Bill Dietzer will be doing a presentation about Highpointing on Saturday evening as well.

This will be a first for the club and foundation to do a outside of a convention venue.

Anyone going to be passing through, and want to help out, WILL be appreciated.

If you can make it for this event it's going to be great.

For more information go to http://www.mypigeonforge.com or contact me at cnoland@highpointers.org.

We hope to be able to set up a system to where we can send out the appropriate items for y'all to use in local gatherings and outdoor events. If interested just let me know. This will be a test run, so if you visit... any advice will come in handy.

Happy New Year!!!

Craig

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login cnoland)

Great Weekend...

January 14 2008, 10:37 PM 

Hi Folks,

We had a great weekend talking to other interested parties in the realm of outdoor enjoyment in Pigeon Forge TN.

We set up a table at Wilderness Wlidlife Week (WWW) and passed on the word about Highpointing for three days. We plan on getting a table for next year for the whole show. This will involve y'all that can help us out a bit. We'll need people to help man the table. It's not demanding... almost like being in a bus station... bunch of people and noise, then quiet as people rotate to the diffrent lectures.

This gathering is really great, the involvement of the City of Pigeon Forge, exhibitors, speakers and, believe it or not, the Highpointer Konvention feel about it. This is what I'd like to see merged with our way of Konventions.

At any given time, there are up to four speakers going on during the day. Basically fro 10 am to 6:30ish. Also many different hikes going on daily. Plus a photo contest room. Y'all need to try to get to this next year. I'll keep everyone posted.

Our table was manned by Jean T, Gary White, myself and better half Mary Jane with visits from Highpointers Bill and Rosemary Deitzer who gave a very inspiring lecture on Highpointing. These folks have gone the extra distance and I applaude them for their work.

Jean had some new banners printed up for the occaision, I have made some table top signs to help out explaining our mission (Both the Club and Foundation), we gave away door prizes from the "Club's Stash" and I unveiled the Club's new digital picture frame that allowed us to keep a running show of Highpointers in action... uh... er... having fun. Just what we do best.

What I need now is for y'all to send me your favorite digital photo shots that I can add to the slide presentation. I want top quality and your best. And for that I'll give you each my undying graditude.

What more can you ask for? Hmmmm?

Just sent them in a simple file, not PDF paleeze or Power point either, OK...

Send them to: membership@highpointers.org

The Honcho of the WWW (A guy that I went to school with) wanted to know if we had any speakers to add to the show as well. Any volunteers? Give me some ideas please.

This information will be in the upcomming newsletters as well.

Thanks for your pic's in advance folks.

Craig

The Membership Guy

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Wilderness Wildlife Week...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions