News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  

Mt. Rainer

October 12 2000 at 8:15 AM
Jeremy  (no login)

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any information on Mt. Rainer, either personal or factual. I am writing a paper for one of my classes and i would also like to climb it one day. Any info would be a world of help. Thank you

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stuart
(no login)

Websites

October 12 2000, 9:12 AM 

Check out rmiguides.com or the various links on this website under the summit guide.

Respond to this message   
Paul C.
(no login)

Resources

October 12 2000, 11:18 AM 

The official Mt Rainier National Park website is www.nps.gov/mora/home.htm. The best book about Mt Rainier is Measure of a Mountain by Bruce Barcott. It has accounts of the author's hike around the mountain, his climb of it, plus lots on the history and geology of the mountain. It also has a good bibliography if you want to go deeper into any topic.

Respond to this message   
Ken
(no login)

Definitive Source

October 12 2000, 7:03 PM 

Get a copy of Dee Molenaar's book "The Challenge of Rainier." It well tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the climbing history of the mountain. There are also lots and lots of web pages out there containing Mt. Rainier trip reports. Just do a search for "Disappointment Cleaver" or "Emmons Glacier" and you'll get dozens of them.

Respond to this message   
roger
(Login dipper)
Forum Owner

Dee Molenaar’s 1971 “The Challenge of Rainier” is Now on Google Books

May 13 2010, 10:10 PM 

Respond to this message   
The Teacher
(no login)

When You Write Your Paper.....

October 19 2000, 12:15 AM 

.....don't forget to spell it "Rainier"...just remember that it's sometimes rainier on Rainier than other places

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go to Forum Home  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions