Return to Forum  

Marx House AGM 2006

April 12 2006 at 11:53 PM
Maxim Gorky 

Response to not dropped out

I did the Long March from the south coast to the Marx House AGM which was appropriately enough on April Fool's Day. All the usual suspects were there though not so many as the time before. I could see by the sour look on Nick Wright's face that the Artists formerly known as Straight Left, or at least those in the Halpin/Foster camp, were in for a hiding and that's how it panned out. They were easily seen off by Mary Rosser and Co with the opposition, vocally supported by Anita Wright, Anthony, Morton and Squires, getting just 16 votes at best. Poor old Monty Goldman turned up as usual to beef up the CPB loyalist crowd and I presume Kevin Halpin was ill though his wife was there.

The rift in the CPB over Respect clearly undermined the Artist challenge. John Haylett obviously decided he had better things to do on his rest-day than turn up as voting fodder and Gill and Mortimer were noticable in their absence.

Maxim Gorky

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Political TheoryCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement