Rosser's Dodgy DossierMay 4 2007 at 4:48 AM
|James Klugmann |
Response to Squires dossier
Who were the other members of "The Group" and can we look forward to some exciting future showtrials?
Judging by the library's accounts, published on the charity commission's website, she seems back to her old self, running it into the ground by the sheer weight of Inertia.
The most damning figure is that between 2002 and 2005, the Library did not buy a SINGLE BOOK! How is that possible when they are still sitting on hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of reserves?
What the hell is a library for?
I stopped visiting the library years ago, I admit. Even then it was practically impossible to find contemporary works on Marxism.
The shelves full of the standard L&W and Progress titles circa 1978, a strange timewarp of Brezhnevism-Althusserianism-McLennanism.
In any half decent charity shop, Rosser would be left to sort out the cardigans and keep well away from the till. She'll hang on in there until the reserves are frittered away and then we'll start to see the sell-offs.
A sad waste indeed.
- The MML's books - Bookworm on May 9, 2007, 9:42 PM
- Ljubljana mon amour - James Klugmann on May 10, 2007, 4:57 AM
- In the Independent - RPDutt on May 14, 2007, 3:27 PM
- Red-baiting Rosser - John Williamson on May 16, 2007, 7:52 AM
- Re: In the Independent - Newshound on May 17, 2007, 12:14 PM
- Weedy Wanker on the Mike Squires Group - John Gregory Chamberlain on May 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
- Squires gets into local Islington rag! - Kim Philby on May 23, 2007, 9:11 PM
- "Are you now or have you ever been
" - John Williamson on May 25, 2007, 4:34 AM
- Sour grapes from sour people - Maxim Gorky on May 25, 2007, 9:30 PM
- La Rosser Nostra - John Williamson on May 28, 2007, 3:51 AM
- The Straight Left enigma (reply to John Williamson) - Guy Burgess on May 28, 2007, 1:50 PM
- Re: The Straight Left enigma (reply to John Williamson) - Todor Zhivkov on May 28, 2007, 6:30 PM
- tangent - Jeremy Hawthorn on May 28, 2007, 8:06 PM
- Yup - Jeremy Hawthorn on May 28, 2007, 9:07 PM
- Re: Yup - Todor Zhivkov on May 29, 2007, 12:13 AM
- OK - Jeremy Hawthorn on May 29, 2007, 9:39 AM