Re: Happy days

January 5 2011 at 5:00 PM
Skeptic 

Response to Happy days

How to win friends and influence people. Not. Actually, yes I was just asking some questions in a genuine spirit of enquiry. I genuinely do not understand why Mike Hicks would "lie" in print in a national newspaper, which would run some risk presumably of being found out. We started off this thread with Hicks quoted as saying "nearly half" of the 1997 EC had left the CPB and Eye Witness saying it was "one". The truth appears not unsurprisingly to be somewhere between the two. Opposing factions have a tendency both to lie and exaggerate, so it is not surprising the truth is somewhere between the two.

Eye Witness appears to be engaged in a bit of a campaign on this, "carpet bombing" a lot of contributions in this thread, not even able to resist having a go at Teresa Hicks Petrie, who is clearly a "civilian" in all this. I note Eye Witness is placing a considerable distance between Straight Left and Robert Griffiths, and I suspect from a Straight Left perspective. I suspect Eye Witness is damning Griffiths with his references to how close he was to Hicks and how bound up he has been in producing various editions of the British Road. I suspect Eye Witness is one of those "unpleasant boorish" Straight Left characters referred to by Noreen Branson. I also suspect Eye Witness has revealed far too much inside information regarding the inner workings of the CPBs EC.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Political TheoryCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement