Replies

January 10 2011 at 3:26 PM
Eye witness 

Response to Most Haunted

Two points regarding the above, and some new information:

1. Skeptic claims to know who I am, having failed to substantiate any of his/her recycled Hicks-Rosser material dressed up as an "innocent" search for the truth. If s/he does, s/he would know that I have never been a member, supporter or sympathiser with Straight Left. I opposed their voting strategy at the PPPS AGMs before 1988 and many of their "flagship" policies (eg. on electoral strategy); I have never attended, or been invited to attend, their events, given them money or sold their paper (although I bought it a few times); and I supported re-establishment of the party in 1988 (which Straight Left opposed). If you know me, then you know this is true. But I suspect you are bullshitting as usual, having failed to substantiate any of your other "speculations" on this thread.
As for me supposedly knowing who Skeptic is - I haven't a clue, and couldn't care less.

2. In response to another point above: Joan Bellamy didn't get elected to the CPB executive at the 1997 congress.

According to the 1997 Congress Report, the following 13 were elected to the EC and - without wishing to misrepresent any of them - I believe voted for Mike Hicks at the January 1988 EC meeting:

Ron Bellamy - left party, no disciplinary action
Barney Crockett - ditto
Mike Hicks - ditto
Francis Wilcox - ditto
Andrew Clark - ditto
Mary Rosser - ditto
Tish Newland - ditto
Paul Corry - ditto (after resigning as Press Officer)
Monty Goldman - later elected Treasurer, still a party member
Tommy Morrison - still an EC member
Ian Morrison - remained on EC and in the party
Gill Thackary - don't know what happened to her, but no disciplinary action
Geoff Bottoms - still a party member, on the EC until recently
Pete Ritman - suspended then expelled (my mistake about him no longer being on the EC).

So that's 1 forced off the EC out of 30 (not quite "almost 50%" is it), and another 8 or 9 leaving the EC and the party. At least 4 of the 13 who voted for Hicks changed their view within months after seeing the evidence of falsification and misappropriation in black and white.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Political TheoryCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement