More research needed

January 21 2011 at 10:08 PM
Eye witness 

Response to Facts

Skeptic, I'm afraid I don't have all the relevant info easily to hand - but I will do my best to respond to your questions asap.
In the meantime, I would point out that Wake was not a member of the CPB executive at that time, or any other.
That "Ian Farrell" (who was he? where is he now - receiving an MI5 pension?) could state it as fact just shows how happy the Weekly Worker have always been to lie about the CPB. The rag once invented an entire CPB executive committee meeting, reporting how Nick Wright had proposed a resolution smashing the Griffiths-Haylett clique etc., scoring a famous victory for the Straight Left faction. There was only only one problem with the full-page report of this historic clash of the titans: Nick Wright didn't get elected to the executive until a few years later - and the (inaccurately summarised) motion had been successfully proposed by ... Griffiths himself!
In any event, even three EC members being "forced out" still falls a long way short of "almost 50%" (Mike Hicks). We're not even one-quarter of the way there.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Political TheoryCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement