<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

A brain teaser for the winter evenings.

October 24 2016 at 6:37 PM
White manin the Hammersmith Palais 

I've been amusing myself reading Hilary Clinton's e-mails but this one has my head spinning.
I can't vouch for punctuation and paragraphing because it got a bit mangled in cut and pasting.

It's by way of a conversation - the last part is the first e-mail, which is shared.

Sullivan is Clinton's foreign policy advisor, Iran Nuclear Weapons negotiator and in line to be National Secuity advisor if Clinton wins.

HRC is Clinton.

Ross is a diplomat and Middle East/Gulf expert and hawk, strongly pro Israel who has worked for nearly every administration since Bush.

Donilon was Obama's National security advisor at the time of this e-mail.

-----------------------------------------------------

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05793444

Date: 02/29/2016 RELEASE IN PART B6
Sent: Friday, December 7, 2012 4:28 AM To:
Subject: Fw: London Friend Call Today
FYI From: Dennis Ross [mailto: B6 Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:31 PM

To: Sullivan, JacobJ Subject:
Re: London Friend Call Today
He is the one HRC refers to as the one who wears the purple shirt.

Sent from my iPhone On Dec 6, 2012, at 6:48 PM, "Sullivan, Jacob J" wrote: Dennis - I understand all but "quiet guy."

Thursday, December 06, 2012 05:24 PM
To: Sullivan, JacobJ Subject: FW: London Friend Call Today
FYI—just sent this to Tom.
From: Dennis Ross Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:22 PM
To: Donilon, Thomas E. (

Subject: London Friend Call Today
Tom, I am in NY today and tomorrow but I felt I should pass this on to you now. My London friend called to tell me he had been contacted by his friend and with an unusual message. First, my London friend was asked to contact both me and our mutual friend separately. To me, he was asked to convey that his friend is concerned that there not be too many cooks now getting involved. He said that he knows that you will soon have a visit from the leader who is next door and he often visits. He understands that this leader wants to help but he is concerned that he not confuse things. New ideas are fine he said, but for the first time, according to my London friend, his friend feels that the only track that has a chance of working is our track and he does not want to be in a position where he is asked to do something that inconsistent with it. He does not want to mislead his next door neighbor but he also does not want to get into things with him either. With our mutual friend the message was that my London friend's friend would like to know what he and his friend are thinking. He gets indirect messages but feels that those reflect the spin of those who are conveying them and he would like to hear more directly. He would like a meeting with the London

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05793444 Date: 02/29/2016

friend and the quiet guy to take place soon—preferably three-way with me there as well or just two- way. My London friend called our mutual friend with that message and was told that he wanted to think about this message and come back to him. My London friend and I both think we should have a three way meeting just to talk at this point. We are both aware that the environment for our mutual friend probably does not permit more than that at this point. But the fact that the London friend's friend sent this message is both very unusual and the midst of everything else is not a bad sign. In any case, the two of us may get together either next week or more likely the week after in London with the quiet guy to talk and I will push to see if our mutual friend can come as well. While this may not be the time to resolve fundamental questions, it is also not smart to let things lie because more steps can be taken that will not be good and have a life of their own--and everything can unravel. I have a few ideas but I will pass them on to you directly. Dennis

----------------------

The subject is obviously the Middle east and probably connected with Iran and Israel. I'm guessing that Blair features in this.

At the time of writing Gadafi has already been murdered, so it doesn't involve him.

Ideas?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Political TheoryCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement