A New Adventure Game Available Now
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rent a Hero

December 27 2016 at 11:53 AM
Linda  (Login mbday630)
from IP address 72.128.204.204

I was so excited that I installed Rent a Hero and it started working. but, after just a few minutes into the game it stalled. Any ideas on how to get it to keep working?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Linda
(Login mbday630)

Re: Rent a Hero

December 27 2016, 12:15 PM 

and I did change the properties to Window 98. It will work great for the first few minutes, but then totally hang up. I am hoping you might have some ideas.

Respond to this message   
Mr. Bill
(Premier Login Mr. Bill)
Owner

Couldn't find anything!

December 27 2016, 7:22 PM 

Linda, Let's ask Gameboomers.

Bill
www.mrbillsadventureland.com

Respond to this message   
Linda
(Login mbday630)

guess I will have to forget it

December 28 2016, 5:02 PM 

I do have an old computer but it is not handy to get to - but I do keep it as a backup for all my favorite old-time games. I was so hoping that I could get Rent A hero working and I had such high hopes as it installed and I could play for a few minutes. Crapski. oh well, I will find another old-time game to play. thanks so much!

Respond to this message   
Mr. Bill
(Premier Login Mr. Bill)
Owner

Here is GBs answer!

December 28 2016, 10:41 PM 

Jenny says:

It might have to be used with an emulator like VMware or Virtual PC. There's probably no easy way to play it unless you have an older computer from around year 2000 with Windows 98.

If I were you - get the old machine out.

Cheers

Bill
www.mrbillsadventureland.com

Respond to this message   
Linda
(Login mbday630)

darn it

December 29 2016, 12:57 PM 

I tried it again this morning and it hung up again. So, I deleted it. Those emulator things are way too hard for me to figure out. I was wondering if it would work on scummvm though. I kind of have scummvm figured out. But, darn it. I have been so nostalgic lately and I love playing my old games. If you ever do figure it out how to play it, please let me know.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Visit  Mr. Bill's Adventureland

Proud Member of the Adventure Games Coalition

agc.gif