A New Adventure Game Available Now
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

wow, I got it to work

March 22 2017 at 3:23 PM
discworld noir!  (Login mbday630)
from IP address 72.128.204.204

After much messing around, I finally got discworld noir to work. I am playing it for the 3rd time. I forgot how much fun this game was. I just love these old games.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mr. Bill
(Premier Login Mr. Bill)
Owner

How did you do it?

March 24 2017, 10:25 AM 

Hi Linda,

How did you do it? What program did you use?

Bill
www.mrbillsadventureland.com

Respond to this message   
Linda
(Login mbday630)

Lots of messing around with it

March 25 2017, 1:49 PM 

I used my old computer to get the file I needed from gamecopy world and I sent it to myself on my windows 7 computer. I told out the old tin3 file and replaced it. but, it still crashed all the time while starting and someone had said to always start in the game in small window (alt + enter) and then I could get it to work. but, if I went to resume game it crashed again. So, I always had to start a new game in the small window and finally when Carlotta got into the office I could make it large screen again and then I could click on F1 to resume game. I did have to save often, as it still crashed once in a while, but, I could finally finish it. Sometimes I left my computer on with the game running all night as I was too afraid to shut down the game. Anyway, that is what worked for me.

Respond to this message   
Linda
(Login mbday630)

Also....

March 30 2017, 11:55 AM 

I just replayed it again and found out that towards the end, it is best not to click through the dialogue, just to let it play through. It crashes a lot towards the end, but, if I just let it go and didn't click, it would not crash.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Visit  Mr. Bill's Adventureland

Proud Member of the Adventure Games Coalition

agc.gif