Our sister Cyrene, of the Amazon High Council, has stated it well, there is much vileness about, the likes of which are beyond our comprehension...
Sena's history of Naj throws new light on our history as well... we are checking our records to see if this is true... Drasca is considered the great Gothic Seer - and there is much wisdom in his visions and quests... heed him.
I must give the strongest call to arms for all Goths - if you plan to fight the good fight soon in the land of the East - answer this call, no matter your rank!
Those who lack armor, or hp, or vitality, or wpn... merely speak up!! The Gothic coffers are just brimming with goodies waiting brave men and women to wield them!
Here then, gentle Goths, are your assignments:
Ye must become Kings - and the time is nigh. Do not pick the nits with the training, but stand up and protect your nations! If you are ready for battle with Diablo, stand up! If you are able to take up the challenge, may I suggest...
Gothic Gargoyle Crusade: -
Sometimes fate dictates the coronation of a new king just slightly early,
when dire circumstances arise. An aspiring Lord should be at least 32,
with VIT at least 85,and completed some of the required tasks. A team of
such Goth Lords must take arms against a Gargoyle invasion, and slay every
boss in the dungeon. One or more shall come up from 5, and one more more
down from 13 and 12, to surround Nightwing (7), Goldblight (10) and
Viletouch (12). If one is found and slain, the mission is an auspicious
success. No levels need be cleared _except_ on those where a Goth falls.
Press on then, in spite of Hellish difficulty, to face Diablo. The Goth Lords
will suit up in their very highest hp gear, to reach or come near 500 hp.
Any so brave and strong as to defeat Diablo do that day become reigning Kings...
This cooperative quest is one of high honor, and it was what was was in
store for a pair of brave Goths visiting Tristam one night.
Drasca~(Goth) and Gilmere(Goth) were accompanied by Charis`Cobrago and
Graus[Goth] for a victorious double coronation. Soon after, Drasca led
ChariSumatra and Fyre[Goth] on a similar crusade, with Sumatra leveling up
on 16 to max vit and reach 502 hp.
Knights and Masters
Your goal is to become a Lord as soon as possible, and to help a sister get her second dot.
May I suggest that a Goth Lady and several Knights or masters head to Nightmare hell and take up the Gothmog quest! If you lack something - do not fear - time is short! If you can stomach NM/H, you are eligible! Magic elixirs are available to those who need them. It's basically an all-magic victory in Nightmare/Hell. The only things that must die are Diablo, Laz, and Balrogs.
Do not thing we may sit idle on the throne at this hour of need! Nay - I would ask all those who are able, before the great journey to the East, to take up a special quest -
"Ambassador to the East"
We need at LEAST five brave Kings to take up this challenge, for we seek to pave the roads for our journey. In the land of the East it is said there are five castes - we must bring the Gothic way to them, and some have already been receptive in visions. Thus we need at least one of each:
To be an ambassador in general, you must earn victory in H/H, using as FAR as possible, the ways of those people. It must be sufficiently challenging to impress them - so full clear, no town, or just killing Diablo, will depend on the exact limitations you impose on yourself. You've gotten this far and have shown wisdom, be your own guide here...
For the Ambassador to the East, however, there are some additional points:
- Paladin - victory must be achieved with the D1 Paladin rules, and you must maintain an 'aura' (Mana Shield). A Prayerful attitude is good, and healing (Blood), as is an attitude of Defiance toward evil (Saintly or Awesome armor), and Sacrifice (+dfe item). Holy Bolt must be used at least some on Diablo, and some form of Holy Fire and Lightning.
- Necromancer - this way may be chosen by Vizigoths among us, a darker path which includes much magical support. Look through the D1 variant NEC rules and adapt what you can. A golem should be active virtually all the time. Fight by his side with an elemental blade if you are able. If you have the Demonspike Bone Armor, wear it. Partial stealth is a must. Fire-based support may also be used (Guardian, not Skel mage :) Use whatever Curses you have liberally (well... at least Stone Curse). If you have a Rod of Onan, the legend's name would be honored if you use a full set of charges on Golems!
- Barbarian - the Goth-Bar rules would apply for this quest: only spells are TP, HB, gothic shield and armor a must, and they MAY have +AC prefix and +hp suffix. On a wpn, only these are allowed: Swiftness, Vigor, Silver, Gold, Lords, Knights, Masters. In addition, to impress the D2Bars you should also demonstrate mastery of sword, axe and mace (kill a lvl *or* a boss with each), bash (shield bash), leap attack (at least one telekill), and Grim Ward (S.C. but only three times per level).
- Amazon - Goth Lady and Ranger - take up your bow!! Show them that we have a fire arrow which doth sting and slay! Our Valkyrie is ugly now, but later it shall be golden. Show your dodging and avoiding ability! Teach your enemies what it feels like to be on the other end of lightning-based-melee weapon...
- Sorceress - Goth Mage, Lady, or King - the options are many. If you have not become a Gothmog, this quest will suffice for that as well, since it will be a H/H all-magic victory.
A Staff should be used - if the Rod of Onan is available, honor his good name! Cast also as many Nova as you can... D2-existing spells are allowed, ie CB, Lning, CL, FB, FW, Guardian, Golem and others. Since MS is gone in D2, you must NOT use a mana shield. As our sorceress friends have to do, so shall you - no blue potions (or yellow) may be purchased. Gather them from the dungeon.
Good luck to all...
do not fear!
Charis`Cobrago, Goth King, Champion, Gothmog.
PS ah yes, your questions, Drasca...
> 1. Status as a Goth
> All those quests and stats in?
> -Still Playing?
Oh ya :) lvl 47 and counting
> 2. Availability for next week or weekend.
> -Hours (in B.net time)
This weekend should be great. All hours are possible except Sunday a.m. (Mrs C *almost* chose to go away this weekend, that would have made for quite a marathon)