Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

IrishHood
(Login IrishHood)
Owner

My Life In The Mafia

No score for this post
November 15 2007, 11:47 AM 

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Lester
(Login Funty)

My life in the Mafia 'book'

No score for this post
August 22 2011, 1:11 AM 

I have this book and am halfway through it. It's hard cover. If you are still after it I'll sell it when I finished reading it. Cheers, Peter.

Larry Leavitt
(no login)

Looking for info about Buddy Mclean

No score for this post
May 30 2009, 2:56 AM 

I was told that the Winter Hill Gang was built around the admiration of Buddy Mclean's ability to fight. The story goes that Buddy made a name for himself fighting on the Charlestown docks where he worked as a teenager. He also piled up dozens of victories against sailors and tough guys at the Alibi Club. Later on he branched out and fought in bars, clubs, and streets throughout Greater Boston. Mr. Irish Hood, I'd like to know what you or anyone else could tell me about Buddy.

jimmy dwyer
(no login)

looking

No score for this post
April 27 2008, 3:48 PM 

when my grandparents got off the boat they lived in charlestown then moved to medford. my cousinns the sheas still live there. where can i buy these townie movies. i remember playing cowboys and indians at the monument and swimming at the boys club with my cousin john o/neil. thanks, jim dwyer

jim dwyer
(no login)

Re: looking

No score for this post
November 8 2008, 3:05 PM 

Anonymous
(Login Jimthechowd)

Re: looking

No score for this post
April 18 2009, 5:45 AM 

The Movie is called the Green Square Mile
you can probaly get it at tha Kiwanis Club
in Charlestown

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Charlestown, Boston

No score for this post
February 17 2006, 6:11 PM 

... the code is still alive

joseph obrien
(no login)

the code lives on?

No score for this post
August 3 2006, 6:41 PM 

I was a hoodlum in Southie alternating w/ Worcester. I now reside in Houston,Tx. I like to think that nothin's changed,but I know thats not true.When I was growin up the code was very real,but changed, not slowly,all of a sudden everyones talking.The code of silence for me was not taught but engraved in my character. The neighborhood of Southie was(sadly no more)an enigma; a piece of another country trapped in an enclave. A predominate Irish town that handles, helps, protects their own, and punishes their own.It may have been violent at times,but it WAS MY neighborhood.Now I dont even recognize it.SO KEEP THE CODE ALIVE!!!

Kenny Patrick
(no login)

?

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 8:09 PM 

What parts of southie and worcester were you in cuz i share those stompin grounds.

Brian O'Neil
(no login)

Looking for Information

No score for this post
March 27 2006, 8:08 PM 

Any information on Robert O'Neil from Charlestown...Lawrence Street. Died in the early 80's... Known to be connected to "Shakey" Dowd from Main st.
Also, any info on the murder of my brother Shawn O'Neil would be great. He was murdered in 1987.

IrishHood
(Login IrishHood)
Owner

New Pics!

No score for this post
November 30 2006, 5:44 PM 

New pictures added on 30/9/06

Anonymous
(no login)

OLD SCHOOL

No score for this post
March 26 2008, 1:50 AM 

WHATS UP WITH RALPH VERRILL AKA JERRY IRISH MURPHY CODE OF SILENCE HE'S IN PRISON NOW FOR OVER 30 YEARS STRAIGHT.

jim dwyer
(no login)

dwyer

No score for this post
June 27 2008, 4:15 PM 

how many dwyers were there in the charlestown thanks, jim dwyer

Anonymous
(Login Jimthechowd)

Old School 2

No score for this post
April 18 2009, 5:54 AM 

DO you know Ralph?????
Do you have any idea what he did?
30 years aint shit for someone
that's a lifelong criminal

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Old School 2

No score for this post
June 27 2009, 11:19 AM 

WHAT ABOUT THE MUSCLE >JIMMY BROWN,MIKE JACOBS,RICH DOHRTY,PHIL ETHERTON ,BUCKLEY ????

Townie Cousin
(no login)

Still the same?

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 12:32 AM 

While I grew up outside of DC in the 60s and 70s, my mother's family had then (and still) live in Charlestown on a side street off of Bunker Hill Street. Last I visited, (1996) gentrification had invaded, yet, much still looked the same not far from Saint Francis DeSales and the Thousand Flights. My family has lived in the same row houses for well over 100 years now. Back in the 1960s, those row houses could be bought for under 10 grand each. Now, since the invasion, they are worth upwards of half a mill each.

We visited every summer back then. A yearly highlight for me was watching, hearing and riding on the Orange Line EL that screeched above Main Street 24/7. Back in the summer of 1975 or 76, I remember drinking in the park at Doherty Playground with local youth and getting pretty fucked up. I was an outsider, but, being that my mother's family lived there, they mostly left me alone and let me drink with them. I recall it was mainly a girl or two that wanted to see me get my ass kicked. After, I returned to my aunt's and awoke the next morning with her shaking her fist in my face and one shoe missing! I don't believe anyone took it from me. I think I simply lost it in my stupor. There was booze and mescaline mixed together in a cooler that everyone had been drinking from.

Anyway, my grandmother's father and a brother were both named Bernard McLaughlin. She also had a brother named Charles. Yet, while the famous Charlestown gangland McLaughlin's were of my parent's generation (not my grandparent's), I wonder - nevertheless - if they are related to us. Na, there are more fuckin' Bernie McLaughlin's in Boston than there are John Smith's in all the USA!

annette murphy
(no login)

ralph verill aka jerry

No score for this post
May 11 2012, 10:00 PM 

hi its annette your daughter from annette with 3 brothers

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement