Return to Start  

Early Rekord trigger

November 8 2011 at 9:08 PM
MDriskill  (Login MDriskill)

Response to The first HW55T?

Fantastic example Garvin! What a lovely rifle...I've only seen pics of one other Weihrauch beech Tyro. A most unusual feature is the angled cut on the front lower corner of the breech block--a bit Walther-like, and I have never seen anything like it on any other HW 55. What a graceful accent it lends to the overall lines.

FWIW, there were two different styles of triggers in the early short-block guns, one pre-Rekord type in the long-block guns, and several subtle stages in the development of the Rekord itself. The newest 55 I have without a Rekord trigger is no. 711 from the second serial sequence (i.e., long trigger block guns).

The oldest one I have with a Rekord trigger is no. 029426. It's quite interesting in several respects, beginning with the trigger block that was originally cut for the previous type of trigger. The Rekord itself has a blued steel weight adjuster screw, a light stamped main sear, and a very slender trigger blade. Judging by the serial on your gun, this rather frail-looking setup may have been rather quickly superseded.

[linked image]

Note the differences compared to a somewhat later trigger module. I lean toward thinking the Rekord is OEM, though I can't prove it wasn't retro-fit at some point. And look how the front Rekord mount pin goes right through the serial--which may be why this stamping was moved "above the wood" on later examples.

[linked image]

The number under the breech block is necessarily smaller because the surface there is narrower, and the typeface differs.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by MDriskill on Nov 9, 2011 6:22 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave