Return to Start  

Just a reality check here..for those who love HW55s

December 21 2011 at 2:28 PM

(Premier Login airgunbuff)

Response to Pics of my 1955 Weihrauch HW55

Over the years..I have lost count of the number of various models of HW 55s I have had....I would estimate perhaps 30 or more. I discovered ARH the old one started by Robert Law...back in the day Robert took payments, 50 percent down..The rest on time. My grand father and I had a running account for many years until Mr Law closed his doors.
I can tell you from experiance that HW the factory swapped out stocks and so did importers or dealers. I for example once had a HW55MM instaled in a T stock. I have seen first hand some of the fitting problems as described here around the lock lever. Like some here I had to do some light sanding to make things work better or look more perfect.
I lot of time when obtaining a factory gun you can see where the stock was sanded or modified.
To me each and every HW 55 is a beast unto its self..each one uniqe in its own way. I love my old match guns..all of them ...walthers, HWs, FWB, old diannas..I have a couple of each.
To me..and its just one mans opinion is that the HW 55 guns were like the utility version of match rifles.....Each gun has its own history and its subtile little differances.. I currently only have two HW 55 guns. A very nice older 1958 HW 55MM..thanks you Mr Strayhorn....and a 1974 HW55 SM with a heavy barral weight. These 2 HW55s are each different from each other in many ways....To me that is part of the fun of collecting HW rifles...If I had it to do all over again I would never of parted with any of my past HW 55s.....Each one was like a women..with many different moods if upi will.
Thak you one and all for all the great info here...God bless, and a very Merry Christmas to one and all.
kindly
ron

Respond to this message   
Responses

This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave