Return to Start  

Faves

March 25 2012 at 1:33 PM
MDriskill  (Login MDriskill)

Response to What are your favorite spring piston and SSP pistols?

I don't have enuff experience with SSP's to really give a good answer to that half of the question. But I can tell you the IZH-46M is an absolutely awesome pistol that I was an idiot to sell...especially for what I originally paid for it! Live and learn.

I'm currently enjoying the P17. Hardly in the same class, but very impressive for something you can bring home from Wally World for 40 bucks.

Spring piston wise, over the years I've come to love three guns--the FWB 65, P1, and Webley Tempest/Hurricane.

If a guy cound own only one air pistol, no less an expert than Scott Pilkington has said he'd pick a 65. Nuff said.

I feel the P1 is more or less unchallenged as the finest springer pistol ever made that is not a recoilless match gun. Unfortunately they have become horribly expensive, I'm glad I got one when they were new!

The Webleys are often disparaged for their stiff triggers (mostly by people who've never bothered to learn it and break it in properly IMHO) and the fact they aren't as "nice" as their uber-classic polished steel forebears. But they are a superbly efficient design, utterly indestructible inside and out, and the size, balance, and ergonomics are perfect for me at least. I prefer the feel of the Tempest but the Hurricane's slightly greater weight and significantly better sights are worth checking out. And I correctly predicted their value would instantly double the instant they went out of production, LOL.

This message has been edited by MDriskill on Mar 25, 2012 1:35 PM

Respond to this message   
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave