Return to Start  

Re: .22 balls

March 30 2012 at 3:24 PM

(Login grenchat)

Response to .22 balls

Greetings!

I own a new-in-box vintage Healthways .22 cal. Lead Ball Repeater. This pistol was leftover surplus from a sporting goods shop that went out of business in the mid '90s. It came unused, with the tags, paperwork, adapter, accessories, etc., though unfortunately, the shop didn't have any of the no longer made Healthways lead coated steel balls that the pistol was designed for. I really wanted to test fire the gun, so long story short, I wound up purchasing a large supply of Lobo .22 cal. lead balls that were made in Argentina. They are the correct size and I was able to test out the pistol with them (fired about 8 shots at various power settings), but since they are solid lead, they weigh more than the Healthways ammo. This I feel is a drawback because it ruins the trajectory characteristics on the low power setting, forcing me to operate the pistol on high power which is far more than I need for my preferred magnetic trap shooting.

Does anyone still make the lead coated steel balls that Healthways used to produce?

Jason

Respond to this message   
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave