Return to Start  

a change of sunject here...kind of !!!

May 16 2012 at 12:47 PM

(Premier Login airgunbuff)

I have not purchased a new airgun in quite a while until recently, as I love the old school airguns of yester year. I love the craftsmanship, and the wood. Recently J.M imported a few HW guns and I bought a HW 98 with the new HW improvements....man I was impressed. The blueing of teh metal is great and the attention to detail on these new HWs are good too.
The breech is somewhat redesigned..wit a star type looking breech, a different way of securing the barrel to the breech I assume. The cocking lever is new. The front securement for the front stocj screws is new and improved..no more welded on tabs to the compression tube which I am sure used to work havoc on the I.D tne specs. Now its more of a TX type of deal attached with a torx screw, and there is a spring which keeps the cocking arm silent and rattle free.
The piston seal is new also. I pulled my apart and installed a J.M kit and hornet piston seal. I was amazed at just how tight the OEM spring was on the OEM guide which looks much like a J.M part. Virtually no twang out of the box..and a smooth shooter. My HW 98 is kind of rare as it is in 22 cal. New airguns never really impressed me...But this new HW is just so good it changed my mind on New airguns.

Respond to this message   
Responses

This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave