Return to Start  

Most Questionable

June 15 2012 at 9:19 PM
DT Fletcher  (Login DTFletcher)

Response to Let's put it this way

I've read all of Beeman's writing most carefully and the number of items unsupported by any sort of documentation is huge. As I recall 40 to 50 distinct issues. However, the single issue that best shows Beeman's lack of professionalism is his treatment of Staudenmayer. Shaun Brown, a resource that Beeman lists in his work, provides the absolute proof (City of London tax records) that Stuadenmayer was at work by 1799. What Beeman is doing is nothing less than fraud. This is not a "slip." This is not a simple mistake. He's doing this for the sole purpose of protecting his conclusion that M. Lewis carried, not a common English copy, but a true Austrian Military Girandoni. Sadly, this is all too typical behavior for Beeman.

Generally, I try not to go after Beeman on this forum. If I was concerned enough about the longterm impact of Beeman's misinformation to point out all the errors in his work, it would be a full-time job. However, when I saw his video on Youtube, jammed packed with basic historic errors (Leupold II?!), I made the decision to respond. The general public has the right to know that at least some air gun history "experts" completely disagree with his conclusions. Besides myself, one of the most widely agreed upon air gun history experts, Eldon Wolff, wrote, "There are no undisputed examples of the Girandoni." So, this is not just a private, personal grudge match with Beeman.

Respond to this message   
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave