Return to Start  

Diana 27 calibers

June 30 2012 at 8:51 AM
  (Login MDriskill)

Response to Which caliber in Diana 27 to get

I have them in both sizes, and definitely prefer .177 for my own shooting, as I would most any rifle at this power level. It would be my choice if I had only one, for sure.

That being said, the .22's I have are very smooth-shooting and just as delightful and accurate to use; and many exported 27's were made in the bigger caliber (particularly with Hy-Score, Original, and Winchester labels). Ladd Fanta's model 27, about which his famous article was written, was a .22. From your description it sounds like the .22 example is the better-condition and more collectible of the two by a small margin, too.

Now this is really playing devil's advocate...but if the prices are fair, you could always buy them both and choose your favorite caliber later! A lot of people like 27's so you should come out fine if you decide to sell one...

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave