Return to Start  

I finally took the plunge on a Sheridan Model A

July 5 2012 at 10:16 PM

VPilot  (Login VPilot)

It's nearly impossible to enter this hobby and not be confronted with the desire to own one of these Sheridan Supergrades at one time or another. For me it was journey 5 years in the making. In retrospect I obviously should have picked one up in the beginning, but circumstances and prejudices alternately conspired to keep me from realizing this dream until a few weeks ago.

It started with a return to my roots in airgunning. I suddenly developed an incredible urge to buy old rocker Sheridans and began liquidating some of my springers to raise the funds. Before 3 weeks had passed I owned 14 of them including 5 Silver Streaks and a few MAC 1 Steroid conversions. The obsession reignited the old desire to own the coveted Model A so I posted a WTB ad on the Yellow (secretly expecting nothing) and waited with reserved hope. It wasn't long afterwards I was given a tip by a fellow forum member that CT Airguns recently had one at a show that might still be available. The tip proved a good one and a couple phone calls later I finally had a dream come true.

To those who, like me, have put off the chance to grab one of these it is hard to explain just how good they feel and how easily the price can be justified (even today's prices). Relatively speaking, they offer more bang for the buck than almost any other gun out there when you combine all the factors that contribute to that conclusion. It's accurate, it's reasonably powerful, it's a joy to hold and shoot, it inspires pride of ownership, draws positive comments wherever it goes and it represents a safe and sound investment in the long run.

On top of that, these are collectible guns you can actually shoot without too many worries about devaluation. They are tanks in silk stockings that practically beg to be used as intended. Once out of the cage, they deliver a shooting experience that rivals the best I've experienced to date.

So without further ado, here is my new pride and joy: #1806

Tim
VPilot

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave