Return to Start  

I need help with a BSF 55.....(Wischo 55).

August 17 2012 at 3:28 PM
Brad Warren  (Login 157bradley)

I bought a Wishcho marked BSF 55N recently. The gun will not cock. I knew this ahead of time so no poo-pooing of the seller. He was honest with me and the little gun is nicer than I expected.

I am a rank novice at airgun tinkering. I recently bought a spring compressor. A phone call from a friend that is a pro and I had the 55 apart without any incident.

Nothing looks amiss inside the gun mechanically. There is no evidence that the gun has ever been opened up either.

I think it may have simply been locked up with old dry lube. The trigger group would not do anything. It was completely covered in this brown goo that looked for all the world like old maple syrup. It was every where. Alcohol would not even cut it. I finally took the plunge and used carb and choke cleaner. That did the trick but I still had to use a lot of elbow grease and a toothbrush. Now the trigger group moves and sets freely.

I was careful to remove the piston seal from the piston and lay it aside before I sprayed the metal parts. I think I will be able to recondition both the breech and piston seal.

This is a very interesting design for an airgun. I do no think it has been shot much since there is very little blue wear on mating surfaces. The inside of the compression tube is still crosshatched and blued.

I would appreciate any insight or help in putting this gun back in service.

I am going to make some subsequent posts with pictures. I will break them up so as to not make it difficult to load.

Best regards, Brad

Respond to this message   
Responses

This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave