Return to Start  

Thanks, I'll probably go pick it up in the morning.

May 12 2017 at 4:40 AM
John Thomas in Spokane  (Login jcl08)
Group #188948

Response to That is a very good deal

I've been considering a break barrel as a keeper for a while now. I grew up on co2 and multi pump guns, mostly Crosman and Daisy, in the '70's & '80's but no one in my junior blue collar social circle back then had any real interest in, or real access to springers.

The few that were stocked in our local farming town hardware stores we considered over priced, over weight, and overly bulky and figured the ones in the catalogs and magazines where the same.

Also for reasons I don't recall, we referred to all break barrels as "target rifles" whether they were configured that way or not, and in our early adolescent minds, target rifles had no place in the acres of orchards, deserts, fields, and other rural areas we roamed in.

I have somewhere around 100+ co2 and pumpers, most pre 1990, and I've had several springers over the last few years, mostly lower end to mid-range newer stuff, along with a few early '80's German and English Beeman's.

Most are still a bit bulky though IMO and end up as trading stock. I did have a Beeman C1 for several months that I liked, but it ended up getting traded off. Now I'm looking for one or two of the smaller, older break barrel rifles and this Mercury fits the bill pretty well.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave