Return to Start  

I picked it up last week. I was going by photos and a descripsion

May 18 2017 at 4:50 PM
John Thomas in Spokane  (Login jcl08)
Group #188948

Response to Nice rifle...better story!

my brother had texted me from the gun shop that had it. Based on the WB serial # it's a MK2 variation.

Pros-Overall it's as described, The finish (factory paint) IMO is probably in the 96%-98% range, and the wood condition & finish is 98%-99%. The bore is good, and it cocks easily and shoots hard. The size/bulk and weight aren't bad.

Cons-The breech seal is dry rotted so I've only fired a few shots. The sights are factory, but the rear one is missing the elevation adjustment knob and spring, and the right forearm screw has ben replaced with a button head Allen screw.

I'll try to get some pics, but every time I go to get the camera lately someone else seems to be using it.
Where's the best place to find a breech seal, and are how hard are the sight parts to find, I've tried Numrich and JG already. Or what would be a good springer rated scope and mounts. I'd want one that's decent quality, fairly easy to find, inexpensive, and approx. to the period of the rifle (1974-1978 I believe).

I'll keep an eye out for a 27 also.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave