Return to Start  

Re: Did you happen to see the Benjamin 317 and (if I remember correctly) a 3120

May 25 2017 at 6:45 AM
DT Fletcher  (Login DTFletcher)
Group #188948

Response to Did you happen to see the Benjamin 317 and (if I remember correctly) a 3120

Missed those. I've seen similar types of listings in the vintage Nikon auctions where sellers go "fishing" by putting super high prices on their items.

I've learned to keep an open mind on values. Some years back, a gentleman put up a rather ordinary looking Crosman 101 on Ebay with a starting price of $200. I took the time to write the seller that his pricing was out of line with reality.... ended up selling and for more than $200!?

And, note here that I saw the $400 price as being a record maker and the darn thing ends up over $1500!!!!!

I've long felt that vintage airgun values were below their true worth and that Ebay was the only way to establish some real-world market values. The Blue Book of Airguns, from the beginning, only reflected the guesstimates of a select few collectors (Which included me, so I understand exactly how it was all done.)

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave