Return to Start  

Unfortunately, all of my links are now dead

July 13 2017 at 9:23 AM
FourRings  (Login FourRings)
Group #188948

Response to Photobucket catastrophe

I'm leaning towards moving to SmugMug.

The tougher decision is whether to go back and repair selected threads. Over the years, contributors to this and other forums have created so many posts that document the uniqueness of the AGs we enjoy. Personally, I've found the information and pictures to be very enjoyable valuable. It's hard to imagine not having that access anymore. Over the years, I've tried to create a few of these picture-laden threads that others would find valuable over time. Unfortunately, without the pictures whatever value they had is now diminished.

Some have lobbied Photobucket to allow all past hotlinks, and apply the new policy to new hotlinks. As much as I hope they adopt this policy in order to mitigate their PR mess, I doubt they'll do it. They lose all leverage if they do. Of course, they're losing many, many users regardless.

In any case, I need to decide if I can/want to go back and migrate photos to a new hosting site, and then update the links in old threads. Sigh.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave