Return to Start  

Re: I've examined it, and

September 15 2017 at 5:49 AM
DT Fletcher  (Login DTFletcher)
Group #188948

Response to I've examined it, and

Well, can't really credit you with a unique design, if you're not willing to show us exactly what it is you have.

There have been any number of designs to release air from a bottom mounted tank as seen in the definitive Wolff's "Air Gun Batteries"

My first take on a design like yours would that it might include a bell crank to transfer the energy from the rear of the hammer directly to the exhaust valve of the tank. But, there are certainly other ways of accomplishing the same thing. Taking the energy off the front of the hammer, a double bar battery could be used.

Bottom line: the only way of declaring a new battery design is to examine it against those seen in Wolff's book on the subject. If for some reason you don't want to supply pictures of your design, then, get a copy of Air Gun Batteries and make a close study of it. From that, you can then prove the uniqueness of your design by drawing it using the same symbolic characters.

It would be simply lovely to be able to declare that a new, innovative air gun battery --unlike any seen before in history has been invented-- But......

Respond to this message   
Responses

• I wasn't really looking - Mike on Sep 16, 2017, 9:11 AM
    • That would be great. - DT fletcher on Sep 17, 2017, 9:30 PM
    • Don't worry about DT not "bestowing" you credit - LD on Sep 21, 2017, 12:08 PM
    • You're mistaken! - Ken Walker on Sep 23, 2017, 11:06 AM
      • Thanks Ken, - Mike on Sep 23, 2017, 9:21 PM
    • Always - Brian Cook on Sep 27, 2017, 1:08 PM
      • Hi Brian, - Mike on Sep 27, 2017, 4:23 PM

Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave