Nice gun, the 114

November 12 2017 at 10:08 AM
No score for this post

Terry M  (Login sotol)
from IP address 50.25.201.1

Response to Crosman questions

I have three, shoot them all the time. Having the gun cooler than your CO2 tank definitely helps in getting a good fill. Sometimes, I remove the gun from the stock and shove it in the fridge for 20 minutes or so before filling. Other times, I'll immerse my 20 ounce paintball tank in a bowl of warm water for a bit. You don't want it to warm, of course. My two favorite 114s are crazy accurate. I have put stronger hammer springs and lighter trigger springs in them, both wear vintage Weaver scopes, they are great shooters.

Roll pins are supposed to fit tight, if they didn't they would come out to easily. I hate whacking on them but it's the nature of the beast. I found an assortment box at Harbor Freight pretty cheap, they are black.

SyOkOXx.jpg

To answer your question, a 25 degree difference between tank and gun will probably result in a better fill than 15 degrees. Heck, I probably go for a 30 or 40 degree difference. I have also noticed it's easier to get a good fill when your CO2 tank is closer to full.

This message has been edited by sotol from IP address 50.25.201.1 on Nov 12, 2017 10:28 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave