Crosman bulk fill

November 13 2017 at 8:53 PM
No score for this post
Mark  (Login Brimfield)

Response to Crosman questions

Much appreciate the replies.

Beautiful gun, Terry. I have one of those old Weaver scopes, came with a Benjamin 312 and I just left it on there. Maybe I need to try it on my much preferred 114. Something about the view through those that's qualitatively different. I don't know a thing about scopes, but is the Weaver glass vs plastic? How do they get the reticles so fine?

I was lucky enough to get a Crosman 10 oz tank with a Model 116 pistol. I've read I shouldn't expect it to be as safe as it was in 1954, but I still use it with a threadsaver, filling it from a bulk tank out in the garage acquired to fill the Walther CGM. Now that 10 oz tank takes care of the 114, 116 and the latest prize, a 118.

I used the wife's kitchen scale enough that she bought me my own. Inexpensive and very easy to use. Just to see if my numbers compare to other people: I notice a drop in the 114 velocity, and the whole gun (less the little dust cap on the end) weighs about 1987g, and what feels like a pretty good fill brings it up to 2010g. In another example in my notes, the action by itself weighs 1080g nearly empty, and after some time in the kitchen freezer filled to 1108g. So 5 more grams with a greater temperature differential.

There have been times I'm sure I've overfilled it, as I've gotten the snow coming out the barrel for a number of shots.

Terry, I've got to ask, what method did you use in Imgur to post that excellent picture? These are my choices, and I tried a few, but didn't get just the image the way I used to get:

[linked image]

I'm using the bottom one, but you've clearly cracked the code. Should I just be deleting the superfluous characters so I end up with this?:

[linked image]

Looks like the first option, but I don't get the same result unless I use the last, and delete what's ahead and after the image information. Just slow to catch on...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Crosman bulk fill - Terry M on Nov 14, 2017, 8:40 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave