Re: Crosman bulk fill

November 14 2017 at 8:40 PM
No score for this post

Terry M  (Login sotol)
from IP address 50.25.201.1

Response to Crosman bulk fill

I have a bunch of old Weavers. I've found that some of the old-timers at gun shows don't seem to place much value on them, I've picked up several for next to nothing. The one in my last post is branded JC Higgins but is quite obviously a dolled-up Weaver B4. No doubt made to Sears specifications, the gold anodized turret block is a nice touch. Weaver made inexpensive 3/4" scopes for .22 rifles in the 50s and 60s, simple but rugged, with steel tubes and decent glass. I find them ideal for old airguns.

You got 28 grams of CO2 with the fill you describe, that is one ounce. Your 114 will hold more than that. I consider a good fill to be just over two ounces or 56+ grams. With the power dialed back to around 500 fps, I can get almost 200 shots on a fill.

When posting my pics from imgur, I use the fourth option down, "HTML". I just click on the blue "copy" box and paste to my message. On another forum, I have to use a different option, the next one down, I think. Oddly, my pictures from my photobucket account are still visible on this forum.

Here is my other favorite 114:

QbSi50E.jpg

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave