Merry Christmas to all of you !

December 22 2017 at 6:16 PM
No score for this post

Gaines Blackwell  (Login jessie2)

Response to Walthers at the Hickory show

Seeing Tom's beautiful Walthers is a Christmas present in itself ! Just wanted to say hi to everyone but great to also see these guns.. If I had it to do all over again I would have collected nothing else, LG 51'a to LGVS's . Should have listened to Tom. Mike, thanks for posting them.

When I got out of the airgun business I kept one gun, an LGVS Jr. It is like they made it for me and it very newish except it needs a seal. Bought one but never gotten around to putting it in. Maybe a new years resolution (:

A few months after getting out I received two more Walthers from someone I dealt with in Germany. I had told him to be on the lookout and our relationship was so good he would buy and ship then email me a price. Always a joy. I got a really fine LG 52 DST, what a little beauty and a 53 DST, both rare as mike pointed out.. The 53 has great metal but some idiot sanded the finish down and oiled it. still a great shooter. I also discovered under the gable two dissembled LG 55's and a bunch of parts that I honestly forgot !@!!

Been busy designing houses, have two underway and another for next year plus now two chromium-cobalt knees, two cadaver inner corneas, and hearing aids !!!! I promised my wife I would retire, again, at 80 ! If I last that long ! LOL

Many good memories here, the best, but I am living proof you can quit! I also answered, literally, what is the one airgun you would keep. I need to put that seal in !

Warmly,

Gaines

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Great to hear from you, Gaines! - Garvin on Dec 22, 2017, 6:55 PM
  •  
  • Gaines you old codger, we have all missed you a bunch !! - TStray on Dec 22, 2017, 8:15 PM
  •  
  • Merry Christmas Gaines! - MDriskill on Dec 25, 2017, 7:24 AM
  •  
  • Best wishes Gaines - Frakor on Dec 25, 2017, 2:13 PM
  •  
  • wow - airgunbuff on Dec 29, 2017, 2:31 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave